The World Academy of Sciences Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Partner (TWAS-SAREP) seeks to honour an outstanding young scientist who has made significant contributions to Scientific and Technological Achievement in Engineering Sciences in the developing world. The candidate must have accomplished notable research or technological effort in Engineering Sciences The prize is awarded in fulfilment of the TWAS objective of recognising, supporting and promoting scientific capacity and excellence in the developing world.
The ideal candidate would meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Scientific research achievement of outstanding significance for the development of scientific thought or substantial revision or modification of a scientific and technological principle or procedure, or an important improvement to the value of a device, activity, program, or public service.
- Outstanding contribution to the application of Science and Technology to industry or to human well-being in the developing world.
The following four documents must be submitted as part of the application package:
- 1. This nomination form (All the six sections should be filled in):
- 2. The candidate's full curriculum vitae including full list of publications
- 3. One-page of the candidate’s biography
- 4. One-page write-up of the candidate's significant contributions to Scientific and Technological Achievement in Engineering Sciences in the developing world.